So the challenge was, our List component should use a ListItem component to render each item. However, on another page, the same list should be rendered but using a different list item component. You might be thinking, why not just create 2 list components with 2 different list item components? The aim was to reduce duplication and the need to restyle pretty much identical components. Continue reading “Injecting React components into other React components” »
A vital part of any application is error handling. In one of our recent ReactJs projects we approached this by creating a component that wouldn’t render anything to the screen but could keep track of changes to state and respond accordingly. Here’s how… Continue reading “Generic error handler in ReactJs” »
I’ve read a few posts about how to query Salesforce’s reporting API in order to generate charts. However, none of those explained how to set custom filters or groupings on that data. One of our clients required a chart making but not using the default groupings/filters that existed in the actual report. Here’s how it was done… Continue reading “Salesforce Reporting API and NVD3” »
So we were creating an AngularJS app as the front-end for a Salesforce community. We used VisualForce remoting to get the data while in Salesforce. But we didn’t want to muck around having to constantly deploy assets into Salesforce during development. So, we came up with a pretty effective way of allowing front-end designers/dev’s to work outside of salesforce without having to modify the app when it was plugged into salesforce. Here’s how… Continue reading “Effectively working with AngularJS in and out of Salesforce” »
Hubspot is a great platform to develop SEO-optimised websites and blogs. One of our clients (skeleton productions) needed a way to showcase their portfolio of corporate videos. Here’s how I implemented owl carousel to allow them to create and manage their own content without being hindered by the platform.
So, I created a hubspot blog post layout element in orchard for a recent project (which I intend to write a post about later). I was then asked to make it personalised by country, so users would see different blog posts based on which country they were in. This is how I did it…
Here’s a simple way to get a zurb foundation accordion to open all its accordion’y goodness on a single button click.
So, the last post talked about the hubspot set up. This part talks about how we used grunt to automate certain aspects of the build process.
Recently, we’ve started using Hubspot, which is a service that helps companies with their inbound marketing. It provides a content management system (which they call a ‘content optimization system’ :p) that can be hooked in to fairly easily. For me, its syntax is very similar to twig, a popular php templating language. It provides control structures, filters, functions etc. There’s some nice bits and some truly flakey bits – here’s what I’ve learnt so far…
I’ve been making noodledig 2.0 now for a while. In the latest version, it will search wikimedia and find decade-specific images based on music, tv or film. At the moment, I’ve got it searching for music-related images. It took a bit of faffing, but here’s how I’ve done it…